Saturday

03.01.08

yesterday i practiced humility. it's one of my biggest challenges - i'm a very prideful person.

Regina sent me an email after i asked her to pray for me. i knew i needed to be humble but was really struggling. I want to share a few things she wrote:

God calls us to be [humble].... Jesus was the king and he was humble enough to WALK on dirt roads with 12 homeless guys. We are called to be humble....
That means we use these phrases:
"I am sorry"
"You are right"
"I should be doing better"
"I will try harder"
"I am grateful"
"I appreciate"
"I shouldn't have"

...we as christians do not have a right to respond negatively. Your body houses the Holy Spirit, which means that you have the POWER to respond as Jesus would. You are going to choose to use it or to supress it, to supress it means you will not feel good afterwards that you will feel shame and guilt (Satan will make sure of it) and that you will not succeed. To use the power and authority in which you have been given will mean freedom and victory.

We know that God commands us to love him with our entire selves and to love each other as well. It is not easy, Jesus knew that... the people he loved spit on him, whipped him, stabbed him and NAILED HIM TO A CROSS. Today we have a hard time loving people that just irritate us...

No comments: