Wednesday

05.21.08

Summer is on it's way!
Here are just a few things I'm looking forward to:
-the smell of bbqs and freshly cut grass
-hot afternoons playing in the ocean
-the sun staying out late into the day
-sunburnt shoulders
-driving with the windows down
-fresh fruit: cherries, watermelon, grapes (frozen too!), pineapple, strawberries
-fresh veggies: squash, zucchini, corn, artichoke
-concerts outdoors
-laughing (people always seem to be in happier moods in summertime)
-flip flops
-fourth-of-july fireworks
-my nieces visiting me at work for lunch

2 comments:

foxychao said...

Good to see this. We all need to slow down sometimes and smell the flowers and reflect what keeps us sane and happy.

Regina said...

This list could be re-titled: Things Regina Misses About California.

Ugh, bbq's and fresh cut grass..

FRESH FRUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love you and I hope this summer holds all of this and much much more! (even though I will be missing out!)

Might i remind you, just in case you want to feel sorry for me, that it is FREEZING in Harare right now!