Saturday

06.14.08

random, coffee-induced thoughts of the morning:

when and why did i start wearing color? i'm not drawn to black nearly as much as i used to be. and i'm even starting to wear dresses! interesting...

two cups of coffee and some good music make cleaning not nearly as bad.

i want to jump in the waves right now.

as i was drifting off to sleep last night i was imagining living on a huge plot of land, with a horse, a shetland pony, a dog and an elk. i was thinking how one would go about getting a license to have a pet elk. then i was thinking if he would get lonely without other deer around...and would he end up gorging one of the horses in the chest in attempt to play? then i realized it probably wasn't a good idea and i removed him from my daydream.

i have the worst memory. i can't remember dates, times, names...i've been known to forget something entirely and argue with my friends that it never happened. what i remember most about things are what wake my senses. examples: the perfect, warm, light blue of the sky in texas, the feeling of sand filtering through my hands at the beach, the smell of horses and a the texture of mane wrapping around my fingers, a song playing at the perfect moment when the stars look brighter than ever before, the warmth of a dancing campfire, the first, deep breath of cold morning air, the smell of sage when i first stepped off the plane in oregon, the sound of leaves from the trees rustling in the wind, my heart beating rapidly in my chest and tears warm in my eyes (africa especially!)...i could go on and on.

today i'll be shopping with shannon for a dress and some new work shoes. i'm so lazy when it comes to clothes.

i think i'll play my guitar today.

the end.

No comments: