Tuesday

10.28.08

I've officially moved into the new place. I'm still living mostly out of boxes, the place needs another round of really good cleaning and the furniture placement doesn't make too much sense -- but the move is definitely official! I love it already and it's only going to get better once everything is settled. The only thing I need to get used to is the hardwood floors. I've always wanted hardwood flooring (carpet is nasty!) but had no idea how much sound carries with them...especially with two nocturnal cats. I can hear everything...all night...and being a light sleeper isn't helping the situation. I'm hoping soon enough I'll get used to it and will be able to sleep through the sounds of Griffin opening the cupboards and rummaging inside, the clinking of cat tags against the food bowl, the thud of cats jumping down from counters, the shuffling of cat feet on doors and the never-ending mewing of a very bored Griffin who wants to play at 3 am. So much for thinking a bigger house would keep the cats from breaking my sleep!

Last night, after a quick trip to see Kalvin, I unpacked my boxes marked "kitchen".
Photobucket

No comments: