Saturday

02.21.09

I'm getting baptized today. I want to share my testimony before I leave...

We all carry a hole in our hearts that only God can fill. I grew up knowing who God was but didn't know Him personally. I remember feeling that hollow place sitting inside me. I tried to fill it with alcohol and boys, but no matter how much I poured into it I was always left feeling empty. I remember feeling there was something more to life but I couldn't grasp it. I carried around me a restlessness that I couldn't contain. There was an adventure waiting for me and a love I was desperate for, I just didn't know where to find it.

It was Nick who brought me to the Lord. I met Nick at work. He wasn't shy about sharing his faith and my curiosity for God was sparked. He took me under his wing and began inviting me to church and answering the questions I had. God was working in my heart and in June, 2005, I proclaimed my faith. With tears in my eyes, Nick prayed over me as I accepted Jesus as my Lord and Savior. At that very moment, the empty place was finally filled.

My life is rich now. It's full. There’s no empty place to fill with alcohol or boys. I no longer carry around a deep, hurting desire for love. I know I’m loved. I’m loved by the mighty God who created the Heavens and the earth. I’m loved by the God who, for all the years I pushed Him away, never stopped loving me. I’m loved by the God who has given me life to the fullest…life without holes.

No comments: