Tuesday

02.24.09

This is what's constantly going through my head as I'm riding, in no particular order:

-hold the reins like you're holding a baby bird
-keep your fingers closed
-wiggle your fingers to get his head down
-bend him the the outside and bend him to the inside if wiggling fingers doesn't work
-keep your legs on him
-sit up tall like the queen
-tilt pelvic slightly forward
-shoulders back
-keep him on the rail
-use outside rein as a brake
-toes pointed forward
-look five steps ahead
-don't look down
-half halt when he speeds up (tighten butt and squeeze hands at same time)
-don't bend wrists
-don't cut corners
-keep the rhythm

Honestly...ALL of that is spinning in my head at once, not to mention the instructions Linda gives me, like, "Trot a 20-meter circle at center line. No, that's a 15-meter circle!" or "He's strung out. He looks strung out. Bend him. Not turn him, bend him." Ahhh...but with all the insanity, I LOVE riding and I love how Linda teaches me. She's an amazing instructor and the three of us make a really good team!

P.S. I wish I had eyes on my toes. That way, I would see where my feet are going and not stub my toes. I stubbed my big toe tonight and it HURTS. I think it might be bleeding but I refuse to take off my sock and look.

No comments: