Monday

03.02.09

I'm feeling the beginning of a freedom I've been wanting so badly. God is releasing a heaviness I've carried around for almost four years now. He's breaking away the chains of fear. I used to never be shy and awkward. I used to never have anxiety grip me when I'm around people I don't know (and sometimes people I do know!). I used to never be scared to be me. But the past few years I've been crippled by anxiety and fear. I could literally feel the heaviness of it...almost like a thick blanket trying to block out the light in me. But the heaviness is gone -- not all of it, but a huge portion of it. I can feel my light shining! I'm feeling the freedom of dancing during worship and not caring if I'm the only one doing it. I'm feeling the freedom of meeting new people and actually enjoying it. I'm feeling the freedom of loving myself because God created me to be just like me and no one else. I'm feeling the freedom of courage to pray out loud. I'm feeling the freedom of following God's voice! It's pure joy!

No comments: