Friday

10.10.08

I know I've been flooding my blog lately with words gushing my admiration for Kalvin, but I just can't help it -- I have stars in my eyes for him!

Tonight Ashley came out to ride River to see if she's interested in half-leasing him, and we took Kalvin and River to Sully Miller to ride around in the big arena. We found a trail-riding obstacle course set up outside the ring...and without even thinking I walked Kalvin right through it. It was so much fun! We walked in between poles shaped like an L, stopped at a mailbox and opened it, walked over poles in a semi-circle, weaved around barrels and even walked over a wooden plank a few inches off the ground. Every day there's something that makes me even more proud of him.

And, I have to admit, I let Kalvin stretch his legs in the big arena tonight. We started off at a canter but it didn't take long before we were flying around! SO FUN! It's not the safest thing to do and Linda wouldn't have approved of letting him run like we did...but it felt amazing and free! I had to stop after he started bucking and fighting for the reins -- as fun as it was I wasn't about to let him toss me. Oh, but it was such a blast while it lasted...and so special b/c just yesterday I was writing about how much I was craving a little bit of wild freedom.

Tomorrow I'm waking up early to spend a few hours cleaning the new place. I can't wait to get it ready and move in! Then I'm heading down to spend the night at Sara's house and hang out with her until Shannon's baby shower on Sunday afternoon. This is going to be a good weekend, I can feel it. :)

No comments: