Monday

12.15.08

Here's an e-mail I sent to a friend this morning that recaps my weekend:

...It was supposed to rain for us but didn't start until last night (which is great b/c I got to squeeze in a trail ride yesterday before everything was taken over by mud puddles). It never gets old waking up to the sound of rain and listening to it with a cup of hot coffee in hand, so today has started out quite wonderfully.

Saturday was amazing. I really, really need to learn Spanish so I can communicate with the family more, but the good thing is that love and laughter are universal languages so there weren't too many awkward language-barrier moments. ..."my family". They're pretty special. It was awesome to see how much pride they took in their new home and how well they've taken care of it since July. It felt like a home; there was a warmth to it. Anyway, Saturday was a wonderful day and Sunday wasn't too shabby either. I checked out the high-school ministry small groups and really think I want to volunteer to serve as a leader. It's so amazing to be surrounded by all these kids and think of all the potential they hold for making this world a better place. It's pretty intense. Oh, and the Christmas party last night was great. It's fun to be in a room full of women gabbing about nothing much other than horses. :)

No comments: