Thursday

02.05.09

I'm getting old. The reality of it hit me today. I was washing my hands and glanced up at the mirror and was taken aback at the amount of wrinkles framing my eyes. Not just a couple wrinkles, but a lot of wrinkles! When did they get there?! I tried to make myself feel better by telling myself they're there because of all the years I've been smiling...and how can something caused by a smile be bad? But then I made the mistake of smiling at myself in the mirror. Those wrinkles burst into a maddening display of deeper, stronger wrinkles that stretched to my temples and over the tops of my cheeks. Of course, I immediately stopped smiling. The reality sunk in...I'm getting old. I'm getting wrinkles that won't go away but will multiply! Oh dear.

I'm buying wrinkle cream tonight.

2 comments:

foxychao said...

OH geez! Don't remind me.

crabbycakes said...

Better than the alternative, or so "they" say. Wrinkles suck, and so goes aging gracefully. Better to do it spitefully (with lots o' spit).

Only consolation: EVERYONE gets them.
Bitterness factor: SOME people can afford faucy-schmauncey treatments to minimize the horror.

Bah humbug, sez moi.